THAT'S ALL FOLKS (POST GAME OPINIONS)


The sad reality is true: the Leafs season is officially over. That means, no more games on Saturday, no more anger about a loss, no more sleepless nights waiting for the playoffs, only to find that it won't happen this year. Just relax and enjoy the summer, and watch your least favourite teams fail in the playoffs.

Oh, and the Leafs lost 1-0.

With the loss, the Leafs are now able to select 9th overall in the draft, which is good, but isn't great. However, this year seems to have a deep talent pool, headed by Aaron Ekblad and Sam Reinhart. But, that is a story for another day. Anyway, this game did surprise me as absolutely nothing exciting happened. Then I realized, "What am I supposed to expect, this game means nothing!" Time to watch the Blue Jays and Raptors!

Out of all of the three things that I predicted would occur, only one actually happened. It is unfortunate that Kessel didn't score, and that MacIntyre did not play, but it was nice to see Rielly and Gardiner play more than Phaneuf. Mabye next year will be the time that Phaneuf is used as a top 4 defense men, like he should be. I could definitely understand why Reimer was chosen to play, since he had a mind-boggling life time record against the Sens. But, I was shocked that Kessel did not score against his "favourite team." Oh well, I guess I will have to wait until October again.

I predicted in the pre game blog that:
"It should be a gong show, offensively. The winner of this game will have a 2 goal advantage."
Boy was I wrong. The final score for the season is: Right-3 Wrong-6. I will do a better job with those predictions next year!

Well, this marks the end of the regular season. I will continue to write blogs throughout the playoffs, the draft, and the offseason. This way, I can continue to write for you guys.

Before I go, I just wanted to thank you guys for all of the support you have given me throughout the year. I started this blog on March 13, just for fun. Little did I realize how quickly the page would grow. As of today, the page has been viewed by 1328 people in 10 countries worldwide. I can't stress this enough, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! Without you, this page would not be where it is today. Happy golfing!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five takeaways from the Leafs 2017-18 season

How should the Leafs sort out their power-play and penalty kill units?

4 pending free agents the Leafs can realistically pursue